Purchasing crypto using TimeX is extremely fast and convenient. Simply follow these simple steps to buy your first BTC.
If you’re new to crypto, TimeX is a great place to get started. In order to buy your first bitcoins, you’ll need to follow these simple steps:
- Sign up for an account on TimeX (or, if you have already registered, sign into your account). You’ll need to click the link or enter the confirmation code emailed to the address you provide.
- If you want to buy crypto with fiat, you will need to deposit Australian dollars. This will require verification for KYC purposes. Click the hamburger menu in the top right and select Verification.
- Complete KYC. To deposit AUD and start trading, you will need to provide your phone number, home address and other personal documentation.
- Once you have completed KYC, click the ‘Deposit funds’ button (upon login) or ‘Deposit’ in the top menu.
- You will see a series of options for currencies you can deposit. Select ‘Purchase’ and follow the instructions to deposit Australian dollars.
- When your transfer has cleared, your AUDT balance will be updated. AUDT are digital tokens, backed by AUD held in a regulated, audited bank account (including the dollars you deposited), which can be transferred and traded on TimeX.
- Select the market you want from the ‘Trade’ option on the left hand side of the top menu. To buy bitcoin using AUDT, visit https://timex.io/private/trading/BTCAUDT.
- Use the order form on the exchange page to enter the amount of BTC you want to buy. Use the LIMIT form to set a specific price to place an order (you can click the ‘Set to current best price’ button), and the total amount of AUD you want to spend. Alternatively you can select the MARKET form to buy BTC at the lowest available cost.
- Click ‘BUY BTC’. Assuming you have sufficient funds, your order will be placed. If there are enough BTC available for sale at the required price, the order will be filled.
- You can withdraw your bitcoins to a local wallet using the ‘Withdraw’ item in the top menu.